Wednesday, July 23, 2014

The Challenge Begins

I started a blog, because that's the thing to do - share ideas, get feelings and experiences "out there" or at least documented. Well, I've had lots of ideas and feelings and experiences, but not much documentation of them beyond the 140 character limit of Twitter.

For some reason, I psych myself out of blogging before I even begin. I have ideas in my head and think, "Who will care about that?" or "How will that be lengthy enough to bother with?" In my head, I know that blogging is for ME and that the topic or length do not matter, but when it comes to putting pen to paper, or fingers to the keyboard rather, it has not happened much. I read others' blogs and think, "I have that same thought and could have written the same thing." or "Wow, that was short but good." I've heard +Josh Stumpenhorst aka @stumpteacher, relate it to his daily running routine he's established. If he can run for hundreds and hundreds of days in a row, then I can certainly blog a bit more often.

Enter +Akevy Greenblatt, aka @akevy613, with his 30 day blog post challenge. Just in the last two days, he's inspired me and pushed me to push myself to get back on the "blogging horse." We even might be guest bloggers on each other's blogs in the future for a change of pace and to help establish some camaraderie.

I love a challenge! Game on, Akevy and check you rear view mirror, Josh.

No comments:

Post a Comment